Day 01: Nairobi Arrival
Meet and greet service. Overnight stay at Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
After breakfast, you will depart driving Northwards towards Thika town known for its pineapple plantations and further on past the lush green vegetation of Nyeri town to arrive in time for Lunch at Aberdares Country Club the base hotel in time for lunch. After lunch, you will be transferred by the lodges vehicle to the Ark.Visitors to procession of animals make their way to the water hole and saltlick which are floodlit later in the evening. Tea, coffee and bitings are constantly provided by the attentive staff. As the weather gets colder wood fires are lit, which makes the lodge warm enough to watch the activities of the animals at night. Dinner is served in a rustic dining room. You are also required to pack an overnight bag when you transfer to the hotel for the night.
Overnight stay at the hotel (BLD)
After breakfast at your lodge, depart to the base hotel in the hotel's vehicle for drop off. The tour crosses over the top of the Aberdares range of mountains, stopping briefly to gaze at the 73m Thompson’s fall, named after Joseph Thompson the Scots explorer, who was the first European to see the fall in 1884. Continue to Nakuru for lunch. After lunch, drive around Lake Nakuru National Park for an unforgettable sight of the thousands of flamingos on the alkaline lake. The park also includes the rare white rhinos. The other large animal to be seen is the Rothschild’s giraffe. The vegetation is mostly savanna type with both the brack (fever tree) and umbrella top acacia growing in abundance as also Euphorbia.
Overnight stay at Lodge (BLD)
Enjoy the beautiful African sunrise by the Lake. The early morning sunshine coupled with the morning fog and the numerous birds turn the lake into a mysterious place. After breakfast, you will depart passing through the Rift Valley floor to arrive in time for lunch. The afternoon is spent on game drive at the reserve .This reserve has hilly savanna, rolling grassland, gallery forest on the Mara River and its tributaries. The large predators are the lion, leopard and cheetah .The smaller predators are the hyena and jackal.. The large herbivores are the elephant, rhino Burchell’s zebra hippo, buffalo and giraffe. The large herbivores are the antelopes and bucks. The Masai ostrich, the world’s largest bird is found in the park.
Overnight stay at lodge (BLD)
A full day of game viewing and exploring in this Kenya's finest reserve in a morning game drive followed by an afternoon swim in the cool water of the hotel swimming pool followed by yet another game drive. You may witness the lion making a kill or a leopard enjoying the meal he had dragged up the tree with him. The vegetation is mostly savanna type with forested areas near the rivers and of course the dwarf acacias to cater for the giraffes. More than 60 species of animals are found here and countless bird species, this includes the Masai ostrich and the secretary bird. This is where the great migration of the wildebeest takes place.
Overnight stay at lodge (BLD)
Today checkout and drive back to Nairobi arriving in the early Afternoon. Lunch on own. Later transfer to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to board the flight to your hometown or next destination with wonderful memories of your stay in Kenya. (B)
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at J.K.I.A Airport.
- Roundtrip transfers airport/hotel in Kenya
- Accommodation as described (or similar)
- Meals as described by B (Buffet Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari
- Transportation by specially equipped 7-seater Non-Air conditioned safari minivan in Kenya
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- 5% GST
- Visa fee
- International Airfare, airport taxes and security related fees
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary